We would like to invite you to an event to find out more about the changes that we are making to services that support children and young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities in Nottinghamshire.
As part of the Improving Outcomes for Children and Young People with Disabilities project, we have spent the last year developing a new Integrated Children’s Disability Service. This integrates teams from across Social Care and Education that support children and young people with disabilities (SEND Assessment Team, SEND Commissioning Team, Personalisation Service, Occupational Therapy Team, Home Care, Sitting and Befriending Team and Play for Disabled Children Team). The service aims to minimise the number of times a family has to tell their story and ensure that families have information and access to all of the services that they are eligible for.
At the events, we will also explain changes to the Education, Health and Care Plan process including:
- One integrated front door through which to access an assessment
- An emphasis on Assessment Officers visiting families early on in their journey to identify and evaluate need and co-produce outcomes with families
- A reduction in the amount of times professionals are asked for information
Alongside this, and responding to the SEND Reforms, colleagues have worked with families and partners to develop:
- A new transitions protocol and pathway – detailing what children, young people and their families can expect from Education, Health and Care services from ages 12 to 25 (subject to committee approval on 21st September 2016)
- A new Information, Advice and Support Service called Ask Us
The event will include information on all of the new developments and we hope that you can join us to find out about how we will support children and young people in Nottinghamshire.
More information on support in Nottinghamshire can also be found on our Local Offer: