Actions and Detail Panel
Intellectual Property Conference
Thu 20 April 2017, 09:00 – 13:00 BST
THE WS SOCIETY PRESENTS
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY CONFERENCE
IP law and policy after Brexit
At this year’s conference expert speakers from across the country will consider the future of IP policy, law and regulation. The programme covers a range of IP matters in the UK post-Brexit, and the possibility of further devolution to the Scottish Government. Gill Grassie (Partner, Brodies LLP) returns as conference chairman.
Other speakers include:
- Stephen Rowan (Director of Tribunals, Trade Marks and Design, UK’s Intellectual Property Office)
- Ross Nicol (Partner, Maclay Murray & Spens LLP)
- Lindesay Low (Senior Legal Counsel, Scotch Whisky Association)
- Mark Cruickshank (IP Legal Counsel, RBS)
- Helena Brackenridge (In House Counsel, Oil States International Inc)
- Anoop Joshi (Brodies LLP)
- Kathryn Pickard (Axiom Advocates)
- Campbell Newell (Partner, Marks & Clerk)
- The UK IP system after the UK leaves the EU – an insight from the coalface?
- Recent developments in IP contracts and licensing agreements
- Brexit, PGIs and trade marks
- IP in the Scottish FinTech sector – a case study
- Panel session: the experiences of in-house counsel – what's on their agenda?
- Case law update – impact and implications
WS member: £150 + VAT
Non-member: £200 + VAT
- Trainee/student: £80 + VAT
All rates include lunch at the Signet Library.
CPD: 3 hours (Law Society of Scotland)
For more information please contact Anna Bennett WS
This event is supported by
Marks and Clerk