We offer the opportunity to condense a body massage course which usually takes 4 months into only 3 weeks. As the name suggests it is intensive and requires commitment on your behalf.
The Intensive Level 3 Certificate in Body Massage (ITEC) course provides training for giving safe massage treatments that are both commercially acceptable and performed in accordance with legislation and establishment rules.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be a fully qualified masseur who can gain insurance and set up your own business or gain employment within the industry.
Whilst enrolled upon the course you will study three distinct units:
- Body massage
- Anatomy and physiology
- Business Practice for Complementary Therapies
You will study anatomy and physiology which covers the following:
- Body systems: skeletal, muscular, circulatory and lymphatic, neurological, endocrine, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive
- Anatomical planes and positions
- Skin, hair and nails
- Common pathologies affecting each body system
Applying the foundation of knowledge of anatomy and physiology, you will learn how to give a full body massage. During the course you will cover the following:
- Full body massage using a variety of techniques
- The treatment environment and the working area
- Therapist appearance and behaviour
- Client care and preparation
- Legislation and working practices
- Client consultations including contraindications and restrictions
- Reflective practice
- The history and philosophy of massage
- Good practice and legal obligations
- Principles and practice for complementary therapies
Whilst studying you will both give and receive massages so please be prepared; this is a practical, hands-on course.
This course will run for the three-weeks commencing; 5th June; 19th June; 3rd July 2017, between 13:30 – 14:30. The full course fee is £1595.
More information about the assessment and entry requirements can be found on the website: http://www.stmarys.ac.uk/short-courses/intensive-massage-course-level-3-itec.htm. Alternatively, contact us at email@example.com or call 020 8240 4321 during office hours.