Wer geht hin?
San Francisco, Kalifornien, USA
- WHAT: 3 day intensive course on 3D modeling in Rhinoceros V5
- WHEN: 21.11.2013- 23.11.2013
- HOW MUCH: 360 euro - regular price
260 euro - student price (you would have to show your student card at the first class)
It's time to get started – Hit the Rhino button !
In this intensive 3-day workshop, you will receive a profound introduction to the work with Rhinoceros V5 based on windows platform. You will get a deep dive into the interface of rhino. We will be there to speed up getting familiar with its insides – the various 2D and 3D commands and tools, the rhino screen and it's marvellous modeling aspects (NURBS based) - you´ll get to know it all. This intensive course is purely based on learning by doing. Your learning experience will be built up by examples and exercises – creating actual geometries and objects.
Within the course you will get through the whole process from creating a modeling strategy – “ How I'm going to model what and when?" - to actual implementation of it and covering all the aspects of the process of mastering a 3D digital model. Starting from the design idea, you will run through the tool and command cosmos of rhino to create your own 3D model under personal tutoring of the course holder.
Basic knowledge of working with a PC is necessary. Experience with other 2D or 3D software is a plus, but not required.
- Participant number is limited:
Max 5 people. In order to provide personal tutoring within the course.
ATTENTION! We will do our very best to adjust the exercises in the course to the specific needs of each of the participants.* So please mail us a little about you after you proceed with the booking - are you a product designer, an architect, a jewellery designer, etc.? which future projects or plans for 3D modelling do you have in mind? Mail to email@example.com
* If you email us the details before 7.11.2013, we guarantee to work out the program specifically for you. If you email it after, we will try our best but can´t promise due to short notice.
The course will be taught by Dirk Müller from iDlabs Berlin. And here is a little intro into his expertise and views on 3D modeling skills:
My focus is getting into the process of designing form, geometry and space – beeing highly influenced by the perception of space. While I was trained at the University of Applied Sciences Berlin in architecture as a student and researcher, in several international architects studios in Berlin and Rio de Janeiro as an architect, I became a design architect in Berlin. My experience in designing space showed me: I love to think on ideas and modeling them in digital environments – or in the opposite into my analog sketchbook.
Modeling and thinking on object based ideas needs profound skills in 3D modeling, visualisation and at least in generating ideas. That's what I do with iDlabs. Ideas and Models. Communcation starts in between this and to round it up – I thought “teach it with Rhino” - Here I am. Let's get started, after the Workshop you defintely know how to model your own design cosmos ;-)
- Any Questions? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions which you should expect to be answered within the course:
What we do? - Introduction, course objectives, schedule 5 days classroom workshop, idea sketching
What is Rhino ? How does it look alike? – Facing the interfacde!
- NURBS vs Polygon Modelling
- The Screen – The Face (Interface)
- Menues vs Shortcuts
- Comand and Toolbars Cosmos
- The Sceen
- Helps – Tips and Tricks
How to drive it? - Navigate through the Model
- Zooming an Panning
- Viewport aspects - Resetting it – Personalize it!
How to create geometry and form? - To train the modeling pain – Design it!
- Lines and friends – we call it curves
- Freeform curves
- Modeling aids
How to create precise objects? - To become an expert
- Coordinate systems
- Surface processing, Basics
- Detailed geometry processing, Basics
- Superior Basic model analyzes
- Worksing with Solids
- Fast presentation of the idea
How getting data out of rhino? - To check the exchang of things
- Printing – 3D printing – file export
- File exchange (import, export data)
- Generating .stl and .iges files for 3D rpinting
What have I done – summarise the hell of 3D modeling cosmos!
Zeit und Ort