Actions and Detail Panel
Intentionality: New Directions
Tue, 21 Mar 2017, 12:30 – Thu, 23 Mar 2017, 14:00 GMT
Philosophical theorising about intentionality - the mind’s capacity to represent the world - has been dominated by attempts to reduce intentionality to physical or causal relations between thinkers and objects. This focus on reduction has led to a number of philosophically interesting features of intentionality being ignored. This workshop offers a reorientation of the study of intentionality away from the reductive project, instead focusing on the phenomenon of intentionality itself and the role it plays in our mental life.
- Michelle Montague (University of Texas)
- Laura Gow (University of Cambridge)
- Matthew Soteriou (King's College London)
- Maja Spener (University of Birmingham)
- Peter Hanks (University of Minnesota)
- Daniel Brigham (University of Cambridge)
- Sacha Golob (King's College London)
- Paul Livingston (University of New Mexico)
Registration is free. Everyone is welcome, though spaces are limited.
Any questions? Get in touch by email.
Event hashtag: #IntentionalityND
Image: Compass Study (2010), Calsidyrose.