Course Description: On this one day Intermediate level course you will learn the advanced features of the software which will help take your After Effects knowledge to the next level.
The course will look at:
Animation techniques, multipoint tracking and image stabilisation, intro to Mocha for tracking.
Animated text, effects and Keyframes, green screen keying.
Basic 3D environments, basic cameras and lighting.
This is ideal for anyone wanted to enhance their video production by stabilising shots, embedding graphics into an environment and bringing still images to life.
We will also cover effective keying techniques and learn about set extension.
After this course you will:
- Be able to stabilise and track shots and embed graphics within the image
- Learn about keying, 3d layers and set extension
- Be able to use camera and lighting effectively to make effective compositions
- Be able to create basic titles with could be used for title sequences
- Learn how to integrate AFX into Premiere
The course is made up of tutor led practical exercises, and discussions around post production.
Note: BECTU is running CS6 - there are a number of minor differences between this and the current version CC.
Required: This After Effects intermediate course is ideal for those who can operate Premiere or Photoshop and already have a basic knowledge of After Effects.
Tutor: Richard Hughes
Biog: With over ten years experience in broadcast and post-production, Richard has developed a wide range of skills including offline/online, editing, grading, sound mixing and compositing. Credits include BBC, Five, Sony, History and Discovery DVD. He has an MA in Interactive Digital Media and is experienced in a variety of formats and platforms including: web, mobile, TV and DVD platforms. In addition to his broadcast work he runs the post production course, part time, at Ravensbourne. He has also facilitated courses for broadcast freelancers at BECTU for 5 years, and as guest speaker at Video Expo on 'The Craft of Editing'. He trained as one of the first FCP trainers in the UK at Apple HQ and is presently an accredited professional.
Time: 10.00am - 5.00pm
Cost: £110 BECTU members/ £170 non BECTU members
We appreciate that when circumstances change you may no longer be able to attend a training course date you have already booked and paid for.
Whilst we will always try our best to accommodate any alterations to your plans, BECTU has a standard cancellation policy which is as follows:
- if you notify us (phone/email) 3 full days or longer before the scheduled course date you will not be charged and will be refunded in full any course fees you have paid.
- for any cancellation you make that is less than 3 full days before the course date, you will be charged 50% of the total course fee with 50% refunded. This is unless you can demonstrate to us extenuating circumstances.
- if you do not attend the course and/or fail to notify us in advance you will be charged the full course fee.
- we are unable to reimburse any non-transferable travel or accommodation expenses that may arise from a course being re-scheduled or cancelled.
BECTU reserves the right to cancel courses without liability. However, where possible, delegates will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.