TfGM is offering a free, full day, intermediate bike maintenance course run by a qualified instructor
You should have a pre-existing interest in cycling/bikes and already be reasonably confident in looking after your own bike and carrying out basic procedures such as puncture repairs. If not, we recommend attendance on one of our free 2 hour courses, as punctures, an M-Check and other basics will not be covered on the intermediate course
What will the course cover?
- Brake adjustment. Inspection/fitting inner and outer cables - lubricating
- Gear adjustment/indexing. How a derailleur works. Inspection/fitting of cables - lubricating
- Chains - Lubrication/Inspection/ break and re-join
- Adjusting hub bearings
- Bottom bracket and headset inspection/adjustment
- Recommendations for routine servicing
- How to identify an out of true wheel
Tools / bike stands will be provided. Please bring your own bike to work on (in specific cases a bike could be provided - please message us to arrange).
Lunch is not included. You are welcome to bring a packed lunch. There are many food outlets nearby.
Once booked, if you are subsequently unable attend the course you must cancel your booking and/or inform TfGM as soon as possible.
New York Street entrance to City Tower car park - leading to Cycle Hub - Street View
Please note these courses are only open to adults (16+)
Further information about the course can be requested from email@example.com