San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
All cooks and assistant cooks.
- To provide an understanding of the relationship between food hygiene, food poisoning and food spoilage, the socio-economic costs of poor food hygiene, and the role of HACCP and hazard analysis in ensuring food safety.
- To provide an understanding of the characteristics of bacteria and their potential to cause illness and spoil food.
- To provide and understanding of the causes of, likely sources and food involved and control measures for bacterial food poisoning and food borne infections.
- To provide an understanding of the causes and effects of non-bacterial food poisoning.
- To provide an understanding of the potential for bacterial and physical contamination of food, and how such contamination may be prevented.
- To provide an understanding of the need for high standards of personal hygiene for food handlers.
- To provide an understanding of the importance of providing and maintaining suitable conditions for the storage of food.
- To provide an understanding of the causes of food spoilage and the principles involved in its prevention.
- To provide an understanding of the importance of satisfactory design, the use of suitable constructional materials, and proper maintenance of food premises, equipment and utensils.
- To provide an understanding of the principles of, and the procedures for, satisfactory cleaning and disinfection of food premises, equipment and utensils.
- To provide an understanding of the habitats and characteristics of food pests and acceptable methods for their control.
- To provide an understanding of the rational behind food safety management systems based on HACCP principles and the importance of the implementation of such a system to food businesses.
- To provide an understanding of the role and responsibilities of the management team in maintaining high standards of hygiene and preventing food poisoning.
Staff learning forms
Policy and Legislation:
- Health and Safety at Work Act
- Food and Safety Policy P6000
- WORKING IN PARTNERSHIP – working collaboratively with the people I support and other partners.
- PROFESSIONAL AUTONOMY – exercising judgement and initiative and being accountable for your practice.
- LIFELONG LEARNING – actively engaging in the continuous learning of yourself and others
- CONFIDENCE – knowing you are able to do your job well
- LEADERSHIP - motivating and inspiring others.
When & Where
Bon Accord Care Learning and Development Team
Please note our courses are only free for employees of Bon Accord Care and the Aberdeen Health and Social Care Partnership
Learning & Development
Our experienced and expert team have a unique understanding of the health and social care sector to provide quality training that is timely, value for money, easily accessible and meets a range of different learning styles to ensure a skilled workforce, aligned to your business requirements.
Bespoke Training Solutions
Our skilled and experienced team will work with you to understand your unique development needs and define your goals before setting about creating a training programme that is tailored to suit you. We believe that a blended learning approach is best, using E-learning and classroom based or face-to-face training to offer you a complete and effective learning experience.
By investing in skills development of your team you can expect to drive longer term, sustainable change to motivate and retain the best talent and raise standards of service provision; we are here to help you get there.
Need to train employees in various locations at their own pace? Our E-learning courses can be deployed via your own learning management system (LMS), CD-ROMs or hosted on your own website; offering the same learning with less time in the classroom, and more time gaining the practical skills on a face to face workshop.
With a comprehensive library of courses to choose from, such as Food Hygiene, Infection Control, we will work with you to design relevant training that suits your employee's needs, your company culture and your business goals.
If you have any questions about any of the courses we run, please contact us on 01224 627825 or email us at LandD@bonaccordcare.org.