Actions and Detail Panel
Intermediate Groupwork Workshop
Tue 25 April 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
You will explore some new ideas to use in your groupwork and have the opportunity to get feedback on your own groupwork style.
This course is for: anybody who has some experience of delivering group learning sessions and wants to reflect on and improve their group sessions.
This is an interactive day where you will explore some new ideas to improve your own group sessions. You will reflect on, and get feedback on, your personal effectiveness as a groupwork leader. You will also be challenged to consider how you can measure the long term impact that your groupwork sessions have on your learners.
The day will cover:
• Awareness of your personal presence and how this impacts on your credibility
• Activities that involve the group in learning
• Using narrative and storytelling in groupwork
• Maximising the impact of technology in your groupwork
• Evaluating the effectiveness of your groupwork sessions
Benefits / Learning outcomes
By the end of the course you will be able to:
• Identify how your personal presence affects your credibility
• Create exercises to use with groups that engage different types of learners
• Use technology effectively in your group sessions
Identify ways to demonstrate that your group sessions have impact
Senior Careers Consultant
Emma’s professional background is in training and development. She has delivered hundreds of hours of groupwork to professionals and students and has a CIPD qualification in training.
She currently works at Royal Holloway, University of London where she delivers group sessions on the MBA programme and to undergraduate Management and Psychology students