Actions and Detail Panel
International Negotiation Skills
Fri 25 November 2016, 10:00 – 17:00 GMT
Come and learn, network and share experiences with like-minded professionals from other international organisations. If you want to get inside the heads of your international partners and ensure your negotiations are successful in any context then our International Negotiation Skills Training is essential. You will become more aware of your own negotiation style, learn how to interpret the cultural nuances affecting negotiations and practise tried and tested negotiating skills and tactics. You will take away practical techniques and frameworks you can apply to set-piece international negotiations through to supplier pricing agreements or inter-departmental projects.
- Icebreaking activity
- What makes a good negotiator and a successful negotiation
- Self-assessment: your negotiation style and its impact
- Recognising and responding to other styles
- Cross-cultural considerations when negotiating internationally: attitudes to hierarchy, truth, relationships, time, bargaining
- Cross-cultural communication styles and techniques for negotiating: directness, formality, active listening, questioning and mirroring
- The key stages of a negotiation: from preparation to agreement
- Tactics for successful international business negotiations
- Practice, simulation and feedbackthroughout
- Action planning and next steps
Lunch and refreshments are included.
Please contact us to book your place.