Cheshire Forest are delivering an Internet Safety Awareness session for Leaders, Young Leaders and Adult Helpers from All Sections.
Would you like some best practise tips and hints in the safe use of social media? Do you know how to advise your girls?
We will look at the different social media platforms used by young people, what they do and how to stay safe whilst using them.
We will also cover how to set up and use social media in your units and divisions.This training is open to all leaders, unit helpers and young leaders 16+.
THIS TRAINING WILL COVER:
- How children and young people use Social Media, the internet and technology
- The risks they face from other people - both other children and adult offenders
- Behaviour by children that exposes them to greater risks online
- What to do if children experience issues such as cyber bullying or grooming
- Guidelines for using Social Media & how to use Facebook & Twitter safely & effectively for your Unit / District / Division
- Guidelines for setting up a Unit / District / Division Website
- Appropriate ways to communicate with members online
- Resources available to use in your units
1st October 2016 Innovative Safety, 298 Hale Road, Widnes, WA8 8PX
£5.50 per person (Can be claimed from unit funds)
Debit/Credit Card or Cheque (Select preferred option on payment page)
Christine Champion & Sue Clough
If you have a specific question / area / topic that you would like us to address during the training please email us before 25th Sept: email@example.com