Interview Skills for Higher Specialty Training - BMA Workshop
Aims and learning outcomes (Half Day session)
In addition to extra clinical responsibility, moving into higher speciality training includes a number of management and strategic challenges as part of their role. The interviews for such positions reflect this shift in emphasis.
By the end of the session you will:
- An understanding of the key qualities sought by interviewers
- Practical step-by-step advice on effective preparation for interviews
- An awareness of the different types of interview questions and how to deal with them
- Techniques for dealing with difficulties on the day
- A chance to practice your interview technique with other participants
- Tips for dealing with presentations and other selection activities
9.00 - 9.30 Registration.
9.30 Welcome and setting the context.
9.40 Understanding what they are looking for.
10.00 Preparing your evidence.
10.45 – 11.00 Tea and coffee break.
11.00 Answering questions convincingly.
12.00 Dealing with presentations and other selection methods
12.25 BMA Careers supporting you throughout your career
12:30 Evaluation and close
DEPOSIT FEE: £32.45 will be refunded upon attendance at the event. Refunds for cancellations will only be processed up to 1 week before the event takes place. If a cancellation takes place within the period of 1 week before the event, the £32.45 deposit fee will not be refunded.