Actions and Detail Panel
Intrapreneurship: Management of the Future
Tue 8 November 2016, 09:15 – 12:00 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
A thought-provoking professional workshop exploring why we need Intrapreneurs, not Entrepreneurs!
Very few people would disagree with the fact that we have some critical economic problems to resolve as we begin our adventure into the post-Brexit unknown. For example:
- Our national productivity is 19% below the average of our G7 competitors and is now below the average for the whole of the EU. In fact, productivity has seen no improvement since 2007.
- Over the last decade R&D real expenditure has increased; however product and process innovation has fallen by over 30%.
- Low rates of unemployment appear to be a positive factor; however - does this mask a problem of low wage/low skill employment growth and a rise in the numbers of the low wage self-employed?
Governments, economists and financiers have tried long and hard to resolve these dilemmas, but have they been too keen to promote the wrong solutions?
This half-day, thought-provoking session will explore -
Intrapreneurship - the combination of leadership, managerial and entrepreneurial skills
that historically has been the real driver of innovation, growth and prosperity, and the need across all sectors, for leaders and managers in established organisations to develop entrepreneurial skills to drive productivity through innovation, and entrepreneurs to develop leadership and management skills to drive expansion and high-growth.
The audience-engaging discussions will challenge traditional solutions such as: large orgnasitional survival through cost effieciency alone; quick growth through acquisitions rather than organic activity; organic growth being expected to come from entrepreneurial startups.
This free session is especially designed for:
- Entrepreneurial owner managers looking to grow their businesses and re-define their role
- Public and Private sector middle/senior managers tasked with delivering improvement
- Professionals wishing to undertake CPD activity
Your only commitment is time, travel and buying your own tea/coffee!
At the end of the session you will appreciate:
- What an Intrapreneur is;
- How they, and not Entrepreneurs, will deliver real growth and productivity
- The skill set an Entrepreneur needs to have;
And be able to decide whether you have got what it takes to become one, to help drive your orgnkiastion forward!!