Actions and Detail Panel
Intro to CNC Making: Make your own 'Opendesk' chair
Wed, 19 Oct 2016, 18:00 – Wed, 9 Nov 2016, 21:00 BST
Over four evenings, this intermediate level course gets familiar with the ShopBot and Open Making
At the end of this course: You will understand how to design and make products using the CNC router. You will be able to start using the Shopbot at Machines Room to create your own products for yourself or for a business (with assistance at first).
Topics covered include:
- Design for full bed CNC theory (grain direction, nesting, reverse cutting, registrations, advanced toolpathing, etc)
- How to design a quarter sheet stool/table that works for CNC.
- Modify/customise, tool paths, Shopbot setup, operating machine, fixing bed, cutters, tool changing, speeds and feeds etc.
- Download the Roxanne chair from OpenDesk, customise it if you wish to, and make it on the ShopBot
- Finish the chair in our wood workshop
You will take home a Roxanne chair, made and customised by you.
Maximum course size: 4 people
Gift vouchers available. If you would like one or if you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This course requires you to bring a laptop running Windows. Please contact us if this may be a problem.
- Wednesday 19th October, 18.00 - 21.00
- Wednesday 26th October, 18.00 - 21.00
- Wednesday 2nd November, 18.00 - 21.00
- Wednesday 9th November, 18.00 - 21.00