Introduction to commercial patterns- how to get a perfect fit
- Had bad experiences getting your patterns to fit well? Do you cut a bigger size and hope for the best?
- Have you got a pattern that you'd love to use, but you're keen to get the fit right?
- Learn how to choose the correct pattern size
- Learn the basic principles of how to adapt the pattern to your own unique measurements.
- Discover how to adjust the back for a narrow or full back, How to do a full or small bust adjustment and lengthen or shorten your pattern.
- We'll show you how to pin fit your fabric before you do any stitching! This system significantly reduces the need for unpicking
- Learn how to transfer your fitting alterations to the fabric and pattern
When & Where
The Thrifty Stitcher
Claire-Louise Hardie is the Sewing Producer to "The Great British Sewing Bee" and Author of "The Great British Sewing Bee- Fashion with Fabric" She's also a professional Costumier and Guest presenter on Create and Craft TV. We offer small sized, friendly sewing classes and courses in Stoke Newington North London.
Our mission is to de-mystify the art of sewing and clothes making, showing you just how easy and fun it can be. We offer a range of contemporary sewing classes, suitable for adults at all levels. Fitting is our passion, and we love to helping students make clothes that fit.
Come and be inspired at our lovely working studio, and leave with a passion for sewing