Would you love to learn how to make your own clothes but don’t know where to start?
Then this is the course for you, as you will be making your very own gorgeous skirt -perfect timing for the Christmas party season!
Not only will you leave with your skirt, but you can take your pattern away with you too.
This full day session starts at 12, finishes at 6pm, with a small break for lunch.
You will learn:
* How to measure yourself, how to cut out a pattern, how to pin the pattern accurately on the fabric. You will construct the skirt, finishing the seams with zig zag stitches.
* How to attach a waistband, how to hem a curved hem and how to sew on poppers.
This is a beginner’s dressmaking class so no experience of dressmaking is required but you do need to know how to use a sewing machine.
We will expect you to be have taken the fast track to sewing course or be at an equivalent standard.
Tea and cake are provided - as much as you can eat!
* Can thread a sewing machine easily
* Can sew to different seam allowances
* Have made a cushion / tote / beginners garment
* Understands back stitching at the start and end of seams
* Having completed intro to sewing will mean you are level 3.
* Fabric: please contact us for the fabric details in advance:
firstname.lastname@example.org / pm us on MaryRose McGrath Designs on Facebook as amounts vary depending if your skirt is print or plain.
(Amount of fabric required also depends on your waist size)
** Please note that for the full circle skirt, because parts of it is on the bias, a non-directional print is preferable. If you use a directional print, you will end up with some of the design on its side.
Pattern sizes: 6-20. If you are outside or may be bordering on this range of sizes, please contact us a week before the class as we will need to grade a pattern especially for you.
If it is just one size up or down, we will do this free of charge, but if it is more then there will be a small fee.
***** IMPORTANT!!!!! PLEASE E MAIL US ON: email@example.com to let us know your waist measurement, so we can prepare your pattern in advance of class*****
Max in class: 5
Tutors: MaryRose McGrath & assistant designer.
* Class is non transferable and non refundable*
***** IMPORTANT: PLEASE E MAIL YOUR PHONE NUMBER WHEN BOOKING TO THE ABOVE A MAIL ADDRESS *****
Date and Time
MaryRose McGrath Design Studio, Conway Mill
Conway Mill, second floor new mill
5-7 Conway street