Actions and Detail Panel
Intro to R hosted by Newcastle R & SQL groups
Mon 26 June 2017, 09:00 – 17:30 BST
Intro to R
This hands-on day is designed to get people up to speed with some of the fundamentals of R. Split into two halves you can learn the very basics in the morning and then progress into working with databases and making your code reusable in the afternoon. Attend one or both halves of the day, depending on your current experience with R and what you'd like to learn.
- R objects
- R coding – traditional and pipelines
- Table wrangling
- Producing charts
- Working with statistical functions
- Read and writing from databases
- Writing R functions
- Writing R packages
Morning (9:00 - 13:00)
The morning session will introduce R fundamentals, basic data manipulation and visualisation, and show you some of the rudimentary statistics functions. If you haven't coded R, or would like a refresher on using dplyr and gpplot2 you should attend this part of the day.
Afternoon (14:00 - 17:30)
The afternoon session will look at working with databases, writing R functions, and building R packages. If you're looking to work with others by making your code reusable or accessing databases, you should attend this part of the day.
- You need to bring along a machine with R and RStudio installed for this workshop.
- No prior experience with R is required if you attend the morning session.
- Prior R experience, including with dplyr, is required if you attend the afternoon session. Attending the morning session will prepare you for the afternoon.
There'll be refreshments available during the day. Unfortunately due to the venue's rules, we cannot provide lunch but there are a number of great places to grab a bite to eat nearby.
We will allow cancellations up to 3 days before the event.