Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Big Data and Apache Hadoop
Sat 10 December 2016, 09:00 – 17:00 GMT
Are you analyst or developer? Are you considering Big Data as your next step in your development path? Make your first step into Big Data world with one day workshop with an expert trainer.
Workshop agenda offers a fast overview of core technologies from Apache Hadoop ecosystem. Apart from the deck, there is hands-on workshop prepared, where attendee will have the possibility to explore data sets.
During workshop you will:
- gain core knowledge about solving big data problems,
- understand MapReduce algorithm,
- learn Pig and Hive,
- know pros and cons of each tool.
1. Introduction to Big Data.
- What is Big Data, BigTable, MapReduce.
- Hadoop ecosystem.
2. Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop.
- HDFS and YARN.
- Map Reduce Framework.
- Map Reduce Streaming.
- Hands-on workshop.
- Map Reduce.
3. Introduction to Pig.
- Execution modes.
- Data types, keywords.
- Hands-on Pig workshop.
4. Introduction to Hive.
- Execution modes.
- Data types.
- Data formats.
- Hands-on Pig comparison.
- Hive workshop.
5. Cluster Monitoring and Management.
- Apache Ambari overview.
The workshop will run for 8 hours from 9AM until 5PM. There will be a few coffee breaks and one 1-hour lunch break (on your own).
- basic knowledge of Java, SQL, bash, Python (or other scripting languages)
- device: Intel i5 or newer/similar, >6GB ram
This is a BYOD (bring your own device) workshop, so remember to bring your own laptop.
Trainer - Radosław Stankiewicz
IT specialist with very good theoretical and practical background. 8 years of experience in various technologies from mobile to JEE, services, big data, across a diversity of projects and environments – banking, telco, mobile and public.
Tickets price includes
- Full-day workshop
- Coffee & Tea
- Wi-Fi access
- Workshop attendance certificate
What makes us different?
- Over 4000 participants
- 98% satisfied clients
- 9 years' experience
- Unique offer of over 200 specialised training courses
- Over 100 active coaches and consultants