About the workshop
This introductory level campaign workshop is designed to equip people with the skills to bring about change at a local or national level. The workshop will be led by John Knights, Head of Operations from the Sheila McKechnie Foundation.
Who is the workshop for?
This workshop is geared towards beginner campaigners. The workshop provides the opportunity to find out how to develop a campaign strategy and identify the key skills needed to run an effective campaign.
Participants will already be involved at a basic level of campaigning or are just about to get started - whether you are challenging local authority social care changes or protesting against a local incinerator - if you want practical information and advice about the next steps, then this campaign workshop is for you.
What will you learn?
After the workshop, participants will have improved their skills and knowledge to be more effective campaigners. In particular, you will gain:
- Insight into the successful features of a campaign.
- Knowledge about the key steps in planning a campaign.
- A chance to meet other campaigners, developing your professional network and receiving peer support.
Save This Event
When & Where
Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK)
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity that supports individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them.Our work includes;
- Providing training, coaching and consultancy to help people and organisations develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to campaign effectively.
- Being a voice for campaigners by advocating for the needs and benefits of campaigning, and protecting the space to campaign.
- Bringing campaigners together and celebrating success through our networks, events and annual SMK Campaigner Awards.
For more information please visit on website www.smk.org.uk.