Are you new to campaigning, or seeking to update your campaigning skills?
Whether you are challenging local authority, social care changes or protesting about climate change - if you want information and advice to help you be more effective, then this campaign workshop is for you!
The workshop provides the opportunity to find out how to develop a campaign strategy and identify the key tactics and skills needed to run an effective campaign, as well as the chance to meet other campaigners and develop your professional network.
You will learn about:
- The key steps in planning a campaign.
- Creating the most effective campaign messaging.
- Influencing decision makers.
- Using the media to gain support.
- Using social media as part of your campaign.
Feedback from previous Campaign Workshop:
'I really enjoyed learning about how I could practically manage and implement a campaign. This has given me great insight on how to utilize the resources I have e.g. volunteer embed a successful campaign.'
‘Pace was just right. Time given to meet people’s need. Balance of activities/participation excellent.'
'Really positive day with some excellent information. Friendly and knowledgeable trainer who encouraged everyone.’
Save This Event
When & Where
Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK)
The Sheila McKechnie Foundation (SMK) is a unique charity that supports individuals, groups and communities to have the skills and confidence to speak up and take effective action on issues that matter to them.Our work includes;
- Providing training, coaching and consultancy to help people and organisations develop the knowledge, skills and confidence they need to campaign effectively.
- Being a voice for campaigners by advocating for the needs and benefits of campaigning, and protecting the space to campaign.
- Bringing campaigners together and celebrating success through our networks, events and annual SMK Campaigner Awards.
For more information please visit on website www.smk.org.uk.