Introduction to Ceramics
Hand Building - 6 week course
Introduction to ceramics design, construction & decoration process.
• Week 1 - Introduction to course. Workshop facilities, health and safety. Types of clay and clay preparation.
Hand built forms, pinch pots.
• Week 2 - Coiling - hand built forms
• Week 3 - Coiling – larger forms
• Week 4 - Tile making – impressed designs
• Week 5 - Slab building – making a slab form
• Week 6 - Decoration techniques - glazing
By the end of the course, participants will have made a series of experimental pieces and also have the chance to choose one or more methods to explore further.
Inclusive of all tuition, use of tools and equipment. Each session is 2 hours.
Clay firing fee is1p/gram fired weight.