Introduction to Chemotherapy Study Day
Tuesday, 1 November 2016 from 09:15 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registered Nurses, Allied Healthcare Professionals and Third Year student nurses.
Aims & Objectives
For delegates to develop an understanding of the treatment and care of patients receiving chemotherapy.
On completion the delegate should be able to:
- Identify the common types and uses of chemotherapy in the treatment and care of patients with cancer
- Recognise the role of the healthcare professional in preparing patients/carers for chemotherapy
- Identify the key principles of safe handling and administration of chemotherapy
- Identify early signs and symptoms of extravasation and take appropiate action in line with policy
- Describe the common effects and side effects of chemotherapy
- Discuss the physical and psychosocial impact on patients and their families