Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to equity investment
Thu 27 April 2017, 12:00 – 16:30 BST
Lancashire`s Investment Readiness programme is a coherent, structured programme of investor-led input, investment readiness guidance and support activities with the objective of supporting potentially high growth, Lancashire-based businesses with demonstrably improved chances of raising third party investment from Business Angels and Venture Capitalists.
Join us at our group introductory workshop to ensure you are well equipped to clearly present your proposition and to demonstrate that you have a credible plan to deliver the results that Investors are looking for.
- An overview of private and institutional investors and their investment Processes
- What investors are looking for AND WHAT THEY ARE NOT LOOKING FOR
- The importance of your investment pitch
- External contributors who have recent experience of successfully raising Investment
- Contributions from investors and nationally recognised experts in their fields.
Who should attend: -
Anyone seeking equity investment for their business or just interested in having an understanding of the investment process
Following the introductory workshop, if you decide that equity investment is for you then sign up to the full programme which includes gaining an understanding of :-
- What an investment is in the eyes of an investor
- What investors are and what they are looking for
- How to get to investors and how they operate
- Preparing the resources that seeking investment requires including the Flyer, the Information Memorandum, Data Room, Business Plan, Elevator Pitch and Full Pitch
- The stages of the process including research, the approach, and the pitch through to due diligence, the contact and post investment investor management
- The legal and contractual pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Preparing for and managing the Due Diligence process
- Practise and perfect their investment pitch in front of seminar members and visiting investors
For further information on the programme email Investmentreadiness@uclan.ac.uk or Call 01772 895656
Please Note: The event and programme are funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and so is only eligible to Lancashire based SME’s seeking equity investment into their business. Upon receiving your Eventbrite booking request, the team will contact you to confirm eligibility and liaise with you about registering for the programme in advance of attending.