Introduction to Export Procedures
This export training course is designed to provide an overview of the Terminology, Procedures and Documentation used in the export process and to promote awareness of the responsibilities and obligations of all parties. Attendees will gain an overview of the export process from first enquiry to arrival of the goods at destination, whilst highlighting potential pitfalls. It will include a summary of The New Incoterms®2010 Rules.
International trade is a very complex subject with many different terms, procedures and regulations. Training is essential to successful trading overseas.
Who should attend?
This export training course is suitable for those new to the problems of export and for experienced exporters who need to update their knowledge. No prior knowledge of exporting is assumed. The content will be relevant to field and office based sales staff, purchasing staff, shipping and despatch personnel, accounts and finance staff, customer services, freight forwarders.
How will you benefit?
Following the export training course, delegates should be able to :
- Establish a successful exporting relationship with a freight forwarder
- Evaluate an export order
- Select the most appropriate Incoterm® Rule
- Arrange appropriate marine insurance
- Understand the basis of export payments
- Identify and collate the documents required
- Understand the role of customs
- Why and what do we export?
- Direct and Indirect Export
- The Use of Distribution and Commission Agents
- Logistics and The Role of the Freight Forwarder
- Evaluation of Export Orders
- Terms of Delivery: The Incoterms® Rules
- Introduction to Cargo Insurance
- An Introduction to Export Finance
- Letters of Credit and Bills of Exchange
- Internal Export Documentation
- Consignment and Transport Export Documentation
- The Role of Customs
- Customs Documentation
- EC Documentation
- Rest of the World Documentation
- Training Methods
The trainer will use oral and visual presentations, reference to fictitious and real examples and participatory exercises to illustrate course content. The delegates will receive a copy of the presentation on which notes can be made together with the workbook for future reference.
Continuous Professional Development
This export training course is graded as entry level and would qualify for 10 Continuous Professional Development points.
If you are a Business West Chamber of Commerce member you can save 10% on this course, simply contact us for your discount code discount code
Save This Event
When & Where
Business West Training
Gain skills, improve your existing ones or just learn something new!