This one day workshop offers an overview of the policy cycle and the factors that organisations have to consider when deciding the details of a policy. It explores what a policy is and what prompts a policy to be developed and reviewed. Group work and discussions using relevant case studies will enable attendees to understand the process and put in context for their needs.
Learning Outcomes - by the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to
• Understand what policies are
• Determine when a policy needs to be developed
• Understand the the policy cycle
• Examine what is needed for policy development
• Communicate and implement policy
• Asses when policies need to be changed and reviewed
Who is the workshop for?
The workshop is designed for nutritionists working with industry or other organisations wishing to understand how and when to develop policy for their organisations.
Registration opens at 09:30 - if you are planning to arrive earlier, please let the organisers know.
The workshop is endorsed for continuing professional development by the Assocaition for Nutrition; certificate of attendances will be handed out after the workshop.