Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Fundraising - Workshop
Wed 11 January 2017, 13:00 – 16:30 GMT
Sales Have Ended
Sales Have Ended
What will be covered?
This intensive and engaging workshop draws on materials from the National Arts Fundraising School, Europe’s leading fundraising development opportunity. In a linked set of sessions you’ll discover how to:
- Shape the unique fundraising value proposition of your organisation – distinguishing it from competitors
- Communicate it effectively to a range of donors – individual and organisational
- Identify which of the five key fundraising streams is best fitted to your needs
- Build an impactful case for support and key propositions that can be adapted to different audiences and investments
- Understand how to organise your ideas into a bold strategy using the =mc seven stage model.
Who should attend?
The day will be suitable for anyone with:
- An overarching responsibility for non-institutional fundraising, development, or marketing.
- Specific responsibility for an area of private philanthropy or investment such as corporate, foundations or individuals.
The is probably less suitable for individuals with little understanding of fundraising or marketing. It will be fast and furious.
At the end of this session you will:
- Understand the importance of impactful communication in fundraising
- Be able to articulate your value proposition
- Understand the importance of strategy and fundraising – and key stages
- Be clear on where you need to improve your performance
How does this session relate to Arts Council England’s Accreditation Standard?
Support towards Museum Accreditation:
1.4 Effective forward planning - Learning how to raise funds effectively and ethically from an increasing variety of resources is essential if you are going to be able to deliver the improvements set out in your museum’s Forward Plan.
1.6 Demonstration of financial basis – As an Accredited museum you must be able to demonstrate that your museum is financially stable. To achieve this in the current financial climate you need to have a clear strategy for rasing funds.
Jules Bellingham, Senior Partner Consultant with The Management Centre (=mc)
To find out more about the Management Centre visit www.managementcentre.co.uk and follow @mgmtcentre on Twitter
If you’re interested in the National Arts Fundraising School visit www.nationalartsfundraisingschool.com and follow @mcNAFS on Twitter