Join Bella Lane and Learn the art of hand embroidery by picking up a design inspired by allotment gardening, and start your amazing journey in the world of hand embroidery. This class is the ideal mini-masterclass for the beginner to hand embroidery who would like to learn some embroidery stitches for embellishment of dinner party napkins. (The skills can also be used in other applications following the class)
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
Bella will also be running an afternoon class (2 - 5pm) in Goldwork embroidery, a discount is offered when you book the full day!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Undertand how to set up the fabric in the embrodery hoop and best types of needles and threads to use
- Use a number of different hand embroidery stitches including - Signature stitch, Back stitch, Cross stitch, Blanket stitch and more!
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the embroidery stitches
- Have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
- Feel inspired to embark on your own embroidery designs!
MATERIALS: Bella will be preparing special embroidery kits for £10 containing instruction sheet, needle, threads & fabric (payable on the day) and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications, please visit our Website