Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to hand embroidery stitches with Bella Lane
Sat 26 November 2016, 10:00 – 13:00 GMT
Join Bella Lane and In 3 hours learn from scratch some embroidery stitches for geometric designs inspired by the Amazonian Cosmo-vision. Participants can learn/grab as many stitches they are able and at the same time you will explore the rich tapestry of the textiles of the Amazon rain forest of Peru. Class can be bilingual in English or Spanish, if some of the participant wish to practise their knowledge of Spanish!
Bella Lane is from Iquitos Peru, Master Peruvian embroiderer, trained at the Royal School of Needlework and a world embroidery stitch collector. We are very honoured to have Bella as a guest teacher at Fabrications!
On completion of the class participants will confidently be able to:
- Undertand how to set up the fabric in the embrodery hoop and best types of needles and threads to use
- Use a number of different hand embroidery stitches including - Signature stitch, Back stitch, Cross stitch, Blanket stitch and more!
- Learn how to plan and transfer a design onto fabric ready for the embroidery stitches
- Have picked up some 'insider' tips and tricks from a master craftperson.
- Feel inspired to embark on your own embroidery designs!
TIME: 10 - 1pm
PRICE: £40 / £35 Concessions or £65 / £60 if booking the FULL DAY
MATERIALS: Bella will be preparing special embroidery kits for £10 containing instruction sheet, needle & rare Peruvian embroidery threads (payable on the day) and there will be embroidery hoops available to use (which can be purchased in the shop after the class) but you are welcome to bring your own supplies if you already have them!
For booking Terms & Conditions
For more information on Fabrications, please visit our Website