Introduction to HTML, CSS and Ruby for Beginners - 7th February
Friday, February 7, 2014 from 10:30 AM to 4:30 PM (GMT)
Learn how to create and publish a website in one day.
The workshop is for beginners, it means you don't need to have any previous coding experience. During the day we will cover the basic aspect of web development, and slowly building a website from scratch. If you know how to write a Word document and you know how to save a file then you will not have any problems.
What will you learn?
It will be a fast paced workshop and you need to bring your own laptop. You will use HTML, CSS and Ruby to create and publish a basic website for your next project, idea or a blog.
The workshop will cover the following topics:
1) Introduction: Internet, web servers and browsers.
2) How to use the Terminal and Command Prompt.
3) Basic Ruby Programming.
4) Setting up working environment.
5) Sublime Text Editor.
6) Ruby Framework for Server Programming: Sinatra.
7) HTML and CSS introduction.
8) Publish your website: Setting up Heroku and Git.
9) Using Twitter Bootstrap to create a mobile friendly page.
10) Grid System, and CSS styling.
How can you prepare?
You need to have a version of Ruby (1.9), Rails (3.x) and git installed, and you can easily install those programs using the Rails Installer. After the registration, you will receive a detailed email explaining how and what you need to install in more details.
When & Where
Coderwave organizes intensive web-development bootcamps in London. Join a class of smart, friendly and passionate people who love coding and want to take their skills a step further.