Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Improvement
Mon, 8 May 2017, 09:00 – Mon, 5 Jun 2017, 17:00 BST
Please note, you must attend all three days of this programme. Please ensure you book on to all three dates of this by selecting one of each ticket on your booking.
This entry level programme is specifically designed to introduce members to the fundamental concepts behind quality improvement.
Consisting of three single day workshops, this will give delegates the key knowledge and skills needed to begin carrying out improvements, and apply this learning to a specific improvement project according to their individual role, environment and organisation.
Who is this event aimed at?
This programme is best suited to front line staff and operational leaders looking to gain a basic understanding of the fundamental tools and techniques of quality improvement. It is also suitable as a refresher for those with existing knowledge of quality improvement.
What will attendees learn at this event / workshop?
The objectives of the training are for individuals:
To have an appreciation for the foundations of theory of quality improvement and the how this is relevant in the current NHS context
To provide delegates with tools, techniques and concepts which will help them:
- Plan an improvement project
- Engage people in an improvement project
- Deliver an improvement project
- Evaluate an improvement project
- Sustain and spread an improvement project
To provide an opportunity for delegates to practically apply the course tools to an organisational relevant improvement project
Day 1 - 8 May, 2017
Introduce delegates to the theory and context of quality improvement in the NHS, provide an understanding of how they can plan an improvement project and allow them to practically apply this to their own project.
Day 2 - 22 May, 2017
Provide delegates with an understanding of how to engage people in an improvement project, tools to use when delivering the project, methods for evaluating and assessing the impact of an improvement project and allow them to practically apply these to their own project.
Day 3 - 5 June, 2017
Provide delegates with a further understanding of how to evaluate their improvement project, an understanding of how to sustain and spread their improvement project and allow them to practically apply these to their own project.
Conditions of this event:
1. This event is free to all Advancing Quality Alliance (AQuA) member organisations. In some cases, places can be paid for by non-members. If you’re interested in attending and are not a member then contact us. If you are unsure whether your organisation is an AQuA member, please click here.
2. Final event arrangements are confirmed with the venue up to two weeks before the event. In order to ensure that places are not wasted please let us know if you are no longer able to attend. Many of our events operate waiting lists so this will enable us to reallocate your place to someone else on the list.
3. We take photographs and occasionally video/live stream at our events. We use these pictures and video on our website and in other media such as Twitter and news publications. If you do not want to be photographed or filmed please let a member of the AQuA team know at the event.
4. By signing up for an AQuA event, we will add your contact details to our CRM system and let you know about future events, as well as send you our fortnightly e-bulletin. If you do not want to receive information from us, please let us know by emailing us and we will remove your name from our mailing list.
5. Supporting resources, presentations and other materials from the event will be made available on our website after the event for 30 days.
6. By registering for this event you consent for us to share your attendance information with your organisation for reporting purposes.
7. If the event is held jointly with one of our partners we will share attendee names, organisations and email addresses.
8. When you register for this event you’ll automatically be agreeing to our terms and conditions and privacy statements. If you would like further detail on any of the above, please contact us.