Introduction to Mental Health First Aid :Youth
What is the Introduction to Youth MHFA (Lite course)?
Youth MHFA Lite offers an introduction to young people’s mental health and to mental health issues.
What will I learn on a three hour Youth MHFA Lite course?
The aims of Youth MHFA Lite are to enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues
- Identify stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health issues
- Support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
- Experience a taste of the contents of the Youth MHFA course
How will I learn?
The Youth MHFA Lite course is a three hour session.
Our instructors provide a safe learning environment and are trained to support you throughout the whole course. If you don’t feel comfortable joining in certain parts, then there is no pressure to.
You’ll receive a Youth MHFA Lite manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and a certificate from MHFA England.
How do I book onto a course?
You can register for this event via this website.
You’ll receive a Youth MHFA Lite manual that you can take away with you at the end of the course and a certificate .
If this particular date does not work for you, or you woudl prefer to have an in house course, you can email info@HealthcareOnDemand.org.uk and will then get in touch to help with your enquiry.
What does it cost?
MHFA (England) value the Youth MHFA Lite course at £75 per person.
Healthcare On Demand are pleased to offer a pro bono subsidy of £25 per place, so reducing the cost to £50