Introduction to Mindfulness Morning - January 2017
Saturday, 14 January 2017 from 09:30 to 12:30
A quiet, peaceful session, away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, where participants can begin to explore mindfulness.
The focus of the morning is to introduce newcomers to mindfulness in a practical way, offering simple exercises that you can take away with you.
- discover what mindfulness is (and isn't)
- learn some of the theory behind mindfulness as well as some practical approaches to dealing with stress
- discover how mindfulness can help in offering a greater capacity for relaxation and calmness
- learn about the courses and workshops that are available
Who Should Attend
This morning is designed for those new to mindfulness who want to learn more. You may have questions that need answering before embarking on an 8-week course; you may be wondering what all the fuss is about relating to this 'buzz' word; you may have been recommended by someone else to try out mindfulness - whatever the reason, this is your opportunity!
This event will be held at Chain Lane Community Hub, Chain Lane, Knaresborough, HG5 0AS.
Refreshments are provided.
The facilitator for this day retreat is Dr. Lauri Bower.
Lauri has over 27 years experience of mindfulness and meditation practice, and has been managing courses and retreats for 14 years. She joined the York MBSR team in 2012 and recently completed her Ph.D. in Mindfulness.
To date, Lauri has facilitated mindfulness training for over 200 delegates.
If you decide to cancel your place, you will receive:
- A full refund (minus a £5 administration fee) provided we receive notice of your cancellation at least 14 days' before the retreat date
- A 50% refund if we receive 13 - 7 days' notice
- No refund if we receive less than 7 days' notice
When & Where
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion
The Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion offer a range of courses and events for individuals, healthcare professionals, schools and organisations centred on the practice of mindfulness meditation.