Each mount cutting workshop is run over a day (10.00 to 4.30). You will learn to cut accurate, bespoke mounts to make your pictures (paintings/photographs/textiles/calligraphy) look their very best. We will cover using the correct techniques, materials and equipment and cut mounts to fit standard size frames. Straightforward and friendly tuition with plenty of individual attention. Lots of tips and short cuts as well as Illustrated handouts.”
Great for beginners or those wanting to refresh their mount cutting skills and spend an enjoyable day cutting mounts in like-minded company.
- Learn to cut accurate, bespoke, single mounts using a handheld mount cutter
- Calculate sizes so you can fit your pictures into ready made or existing frames
- By the end of the morning you will have cut your first two mounts
- Experiment with mount and frame samples to see their effect on the picture
- Discover what the back of the frame should look like
- Take home several mounted pictures ready to prop on the mantelpiece or drop in a frame