The course explains the organic geochemistry concepts, analytical techniques and interpretation approach for source rock assessment, petroleum generation, migration, entrapment and the techniques to identify and quantity hydrocarbon distribution in a basin. In this way, all hydrocarbon occurrences in a basin, either in reservoirs, in drilled wells and/or on the surface can be detected, characterized and quantified to define petroleum charge as well as the stratigraphic and geographic extent of a petroleum system in a basin. Further applications such as reservoir compartmentalization studies, surface geochemistry and unconventional resource assessment will be further explained in this course.
The course is designed for
- Geologists, geophysicists, petrophysicists and reservoir engineers working in the oil industry.
- Postgraduate students considering joining the petroleum industry
- To understand how organic geochemical data of source rocks, oil and gas and thermal maturity modeling are used to build a charge model within a petroleum system analysis
- To identify source rock depositional environments, kerogen types, kinetics and generative potential (oil and/or gas) in the stratigraphic framework of a sedimentary basin
- To understand chemical techniques and develop cost effective analytical programs for source rock, oil and gas bulk and molecular (e.g., biomarkers, d13C-carbon isotopic composition) characterization.
- To understand biogenic gas generation, migration and preservation in commercial accumulations
- To understand how organic geochemistry helps defining reservoir fluid distribution and compartmentalization.
- To understand the studies, parameters and interpretation required for unconventional resource assessment
Organic geochemistry history & petroleum system analysis concepts
Oil chemistry and analysis
Source rock characterization
Oil geochemical characterization & interpretation
Oil-oil-source rock correlation
- Natural gas
- Biogenic gas
- Surface geochemistry
- Drilled well geochemistry
- Reservoir geochemistry
Unconventional petroleum resource assessment
- Shale gasCoal bed methane
- Tight oil
- Heavy oil
Save This Event
When & Where
Esanda Engineering Ltd
Esanda is an independent upstream oil and gas consultancy specialising in industry specific training and field development planning services. Our operations are supported by our UK and Australia offices.
Esanda is a specialist training provider serving the global upstream oil and gas industry. Our training providers are practicing industry specialists who develop our in house courses and work with clients to build bespoke training for their staff.
We pride ourselves on being able to bring hundreds of man years of experience to the training sector and the positive feedback we receive from our satisfied clients.
Our courses evolved over 15 years ago with a focus on Field Development Planning, which included a strong emphasis on costing and economic analysis as well as concept selection for our clients. The range of clients includes those involved in Onshore, Offshore, Subsea, GTL, LNG and unconventional developments. This work and client training has allowed us to build strong expertise in these areas with practical and up to date knowledge of the subject areas.
Terms and Conditions: http://www.esandaengineering.com/terms-and-conditions.html