Introduction to Palliative Care and Oncological Emergencies Study Day
Tuesday, 28 November 2017 from 09:15 to 16:30 (GMT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registered Nurses, Allied Healthcare Professionals and Third Year Student Nurses.
Aims and Objectives
For delegates to develop an understanding of specific symptom control in palliative care and the different types of oncological emergencies that can occur in the patient with cancer.
On completion the delegate should be able to:
- Identify the importance of pain assessment and management tools
- Recognise the causes of nausea and vomiting in advanced cancer
- Recognise potential causes of constipation in advanced cancer
- Identify early signs and syptoms and associated management of a patient who presents with:
- Neutropenic sepsis
- Spinal cord compression
Booking Terms & Conditions:
- Your place will only be confirmed once The Christie receives payment or the production of an official purchase order (PO) to confirm that your trust are willing to pay your delegate fees.
- Once your place is confirmed, you will be sent a confirmation email informing you of your place. Bearing this in mind, please ensure that your email address is correct.
- Should you need directions to The Christie, they can be found: http://www.christie.nhs.uk/patients-and-visitors/visiting-the-christie/directions-and-transport/
- Payment should be made before the course commences. If this does not occur, we reserve the right to cancel a booking in the case of non-receipt of payment prior to the day of course.
- In the event of a cancellation, you or your employer will be charged the full fee if you do not inform the course organisers at least 5 working days before the event.
- There will be an administrative charge of £30 for all cancellations unless a replacement delegate is identified.
- It is the responsibility of the representative booking the training course(s) to ensure that the event organisers are informed of any access requirements.
- A list of nearby accommodation can be found via the following link: http://bit.ly/2hOQL4r