Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA)
Tue 28 February 2017, 09:30 – 12:00 GMT
This basic course lasts for 2½ hours and is aimed at being the first step to discovering the basics about this complex condition which is now widely acknowledged as being part of the range of conditions known as the autism spectrum.
The training is aimed at practitioners working in this area of work and people who have had a family member diagnosed or suspect the individual they care may have the condition leading to diagnosis. It is lively and interactive and gives learners the confidence they need to work with individuals on the autism spectrum.
By the end of this training you will:
* To appreciate the needs and difficulties the individual with PDA has
* To be able to support the person on the PDA more effectively
* To know how to effectively support an individual with PDA
Time: 9.30am – 12pm
Delivered by: Helen Jaques M Ed (Autism), B Phil (Autism), Cert Ed, FIfL - Charity Manager
Course materials and refreshments included
This training can also be delivered to individual organisations at own venue
Following this training the learner can progress on to the following programmes:
* OCN - Level 2 - Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
* How to write Social Stories for people on the Autism Spectrum
* Behaviours that challenge and the Autism Spectrum
* Recognising Autistic traits
All profits from this training go towards improving the lives of individuals and families on the autism spectrum.