Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Programming , Electronics & Robotics
Mon 12 December 2016, 15:30 – 22:00 GMT
2016 Autumn term 24th October to 21st December 2016. (8 sessions) The set of 8 sessions are suitable for children aged 9 to 18! No previous experience necessary, we cover everything.
Maximum class size is limited to 12, minimum 4. Only £12.50/session +vat. We provide early engineers with their own specially designed kit box for the sessions and the early engineers can take home their final project at the end of term sessions. https://thelittleboxoffice.com/amazeing/?category=408
Sessions are either 3:30 - 4:45, 5:00 - 6:15 , 6:30 - 7:45
The early engineers will learn about electronics, programming, computers and robotics. On the advanced sessions at the end of the term we will have the EARLY ENGINERING ROBOT WARS!
This is our most popular program introduces school children to the basic principles of science. technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). The methodology of Early Engineers is learning the subjects through stories and demonstrations. The highlight of each lesson is the building stage of a model that demonstrates the lesson’s subject using the relevant technology.
Program Subjects Include
- Powers & Principles: Instructors teach session specific maths and engineering principles ; forces, inertia, potential energy, kinetic energy, action and reaction law, buoyancy, torques, fulcrum, load division, angular momentum, and more.
- Famous scientific and philosophical figures: Archimedes, Brunel, Alexander Graham Bell, Sir Isaac Newton, Einstein, George Stephenson and more.
- Develops motor skills
- Encourages creative thinking
- Develops the ability of analysing engineering processes
- Strengthens social aptitude and develops communication and teamwork ability
- Expands horizons and general knowledge in STEM
Sessions and projects such as:
- LED chaser / light bar / cube
- Serial communication – servo and motor control
- Temperature sensor to LCD display
- Ultrasonic range finder
- Analogue distance sensor to LCD display
- UART to computer
- Rubber band gun