A one-day training workshop on the practicalities of managing peer review and research grants in medical research charities
About this event
In this workshop for new research administrators and research managers and charities new to AMRC, we cover:
- Awarding grants - the AMRC principles of peer review
- How medical research charities make those principles work in their organisations
- Involving patients and the public in peer review
- Managing grants and monitoring progress
- Methods of evaluating the impact of research
You’ll also get a chance to meet others working in your field, and become part of our network of research managers and administrators.
|10.00am||Welcome and networking session|
AMRC principles of peer review and introducing our Managing peer review guide - Dr Liz Philpots, AMRC
|Managing peer review
External reviewers - Madina Kara, Stroke Association
Involving lay people in the grant review process - Katherine Reekie, Arthritis Research UK
Research using animals – building 3R principles into peer review - Julia Wilson, Breakthrough Breast Cancer
|Tools for research management
Using Europe PMC - Cecy Marden, Wellcome Trust
Using Researchfish - Kiki Syrad, Great Ormond Street Hospital
|Evaluation and impact
Retrospective analysis - Claire Bale, Parkinson's UK
Quinquennial review - Julia Wilson, Breakthrough Breast Cancer
Who's it for?
Research grant managers and administrators working in member charities and related organisations.
- You can request a refund though your Eventbrite account.
- Credit cannot be transferred between events, you may cancel and book on a different event.
- If you cancel more than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 10 working days before the event, we will issue a partial refund and charge you £40.
- Please note, if the order was placed more than six months ago, your card details will no longer be stored with Eventbrite. AMRC can issue an offline refund, which will incur an admin fee of £40.
When & Where
Association of Medical Research Charities (AMRC)
AMRC is the national membership organisation of leading medical and health research charities.