This course is intended to provide a legal refresher in respect of what landlords and letting agents must do in respect of a tenancy deposit. Ideal for new staff or a handy reminder to make sure you are doing things correctly! It will also cover a number of key processes concerning best practice in tenancy management.
What does this course cover?
- Staying the right side of the law
- The role of the EHO
- The difference between insured and custodial schemes and how they work
- Registering a deposit
- Prescribed Information
- The tenancy agreement
- Role of the inventory, check in report and check out report
- Effective use of photographs and videos
- Property visits
- The end of tenancy process
- The process of checking out
- Effective communication with tenants and landlords
This course will provide 3 hours of continuous professional development time and an attendance certificate will be provided, as will refreshments.
There will be plenty of time to ask questions and review scenarios.
Benefits of attending:
- A useful refresher for landlords and letting agents in an ever changing market;
- You will obtain a certificate of attendance for you to display in your offices, giving your customers comfort that they are in good hands;
- Events can count towards your continuous professional development with membership organisations such as ARLA, NAEA and RICS;
- Course materials accompany the training for future reference;
- Senior staff of TDS Northern Ireland will be running the events to answer any queries you might have.
The training will be led by Ben Beadle, Managing Director of TDS Northern Ireland.