Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to the Autism Spectrum
Thu 28 September 2017, 09:30 – 12:00 BST
This basic course lasts for 2½ hours and is aimed at being the first step to discovering the basics about this complex condition.
The training is aimed at people who have had a family member newly diagnosed or professionals who are moving into this area of work. It is lively and interactive and gives learners the confidence they need to work with individuals on the autism spectrum.
Whenever possible we engage guest speakers who are on the autism spectrum on this course to explain their unique personal experiences.
By the end of this course you will:
* Have an insight into the difficulties people on the autism spectrum have to face
* Know why the condition affects them the way that it does
* Be equipped with strategies to overcome some of the difficulties a person on the autism has
* Be able to react proactively to meet the needs of individuals known to you
Course materials and refreshments included
Time: 09.30 am – 12.00 noon
Following this training the learner can progress on to the following programmes:
* OCN - Level 2 - Understanding Autism Spectrum Disorders
* How to write Social Stories for people on the Autism Spectrum
* Behaviours that challenge and the Autism Spectrum
* Recognising Autistic Traits
All profits from this training go to towards improving the lives of individuals and families on the autism spectrum.