Are you a startup founder, a business leader or simply interested in how to stay on top of data protection rules?
This session Introduces participants to the newly adopted online privacy and data protection regime that came to force in May 2016 and explains how it affects tech startups. The new rules are called the General Data Protection Regulation and replace Germany's Bundesdatenschutzgesetz. The session will bring real life examples of data protection issues from startups in the following sectors: FinTech, Big Data, IoT, MedTech, social networking, data analytics, AdTech and other consumer and business oriented apps and platforms.
- How to increase user conversions by evidencing online privacy compliance
- Understand the impact of data protection and online privacy regulations on your business
- Learn best practices for protecting personal data among your staff
- Find out how you can properly store your data and where you can and can’t transfer it
- How to adjust your service to gain your customers’ trust and avoid fines
- Recognise the do’s and don’ts of data collection and exposure
- Learn the roles and responsibilities of the data protection officer
- Discover the obligations of third parties towards you
Who Should Attend
This session is for beginners, however some technical experience is required as material covered will delve into the technicalities of data protection.
Drinks, Food and Networking
Event will be catered and plenty of drinks on tap. Stick around to share a bite and a conversation with fellow startups.
About the Venue
"WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide the space, community and services you need to create your life’s work".