Actions and Detail Panel
Introduction to Yoga for physio's and health professionals
Fri, 7 Apr 2017, 09:00 – Sat, 8 Apr 2017, 17:00 IST
This two-day course will introduce physiotherapists to using yoga therapeutically as a management, treatment and rehabilitation tool working holistically with patients.
What you’ll cover:
· A brief journey around yoga: history, context, growth of yoga
· The evidence for using yoga as a treatment and rehabilitation tool
· A look at the many different styles of yoga so you can safely and appropriately recommend classes for your patients/clients
You will develop your knowledge of elements of yoga that can support and enhance physiotherapy treatment including:
· asana- physical practice
· pranayama - breath control
· meditation and mindfulness
Exploring what the postures ‘do’ in terms of alignment and movement function, and how they may ‘feel’ for patients/clients
· Understand how yoga can be used therapeutically for many groups of patients
· Practice and learn some yoga sequences - to use with patients on a one-to-one and small group basis
· Assessing our patients breathing, practicing yoga breathing and breath work
· Bring this all together to develop a clinically based approach to including yoga as part of a treatment plan using these new skills safely and effectively
Through the experience learn how yoga can help us to look after and to care for ourselves as therapists.
Course location: Spraoi Centre, Midoc building, St. Fintans hospital campus, Stradbally Rd,
The course will run from 9am to 4.30/5pm each day with breaks for tea/coffee and lunch.
The course is a practical course so please wear comfortable clothing you can move around in.
Cost: £230 - approximately €265 for iCSP members, £250 - approximately €290 for non-members.
The course is taught by Sarah Marsh and Richard Couch, both experienced physiotherapists and yoga teachers who use a clinical yoga approach when working with their patients.
How do I make payment?
Payment can be made directly by credit card with Eventbrite in Pounds Sterling. If you would prefer to pay by bank transfer please contact the organisers for bank accounts and IBAN details.