San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Introductory Certificate in Fundraising
The Introductory Certificate in Fundraising is the first stage in the IoF Professional Qualification framework. It is designed for those new to the fundraising sector, non-fundraisers wishing to understand the fundraising environment or volunteers wishing to extend their knowledge of fundraising.
The Introductory Certificate in Fundraising qualification is achieved through a two-step process:
Step 1: a training course which is delivered through our National and Regional Groups, If you choose you will be also given access to pre-course learning materials online, which we advise you to read before the course (and you’ll have access to these materials, for reference, for a year).
Step 2: once you have completed the course, you can gain the Introductory Certificate in Fundraising qualification by successfully completing an online assessment (which you can start, save and return to at your convenience). As you must be a member of the Institute to hold the qualification, the first year of membership is included in the cost of assessment (and for those who are already IoF members, we will extend your renewal date for a further year).
* Please Note: it is possible to take the course, either face-to-face or on-line, as a stand-alone training course without pursuing the qualification.
What will you learn?
- The Fundraising Environment unit provides learners with an introduction to the voluntary sector, the nature of the giving relationship, the Fundraising Codes of Practice and charity stakeholders
- The Role of Fundraising unit will examine key areas, including the different sources of voluntary income, the case for support and fundraising performance
- The Fundraising Skills unit will highlight key skills and the link between the category of fundraising, fundraising volunteers and donor relationship models
- The Learning about Fundraising unit will cover the Institute of Fundraising, fundraising standards and fundraising education.
Not only will you develop a better understanding of fundraising tools and techniques, you will grasp the fundamentals of why and how donors give, as well as gain tools you can use to measure successful fundraising activity.
When & Where
Institute of Fundraising South West Region
The Institute of Fundraisng is the professional membership body for UK fundraisers. Nationally the IoF is focussed on developing, supporting and representing fundraisers.
As a member-led body much of our strength relies on the insight, understanding and practical experience of our members.
The IoF South West Region aims to support and empower fundraisers in the region and our Spring Conference is an opportunity to network with other fundraisers and hear presentations from expert practitioners.