San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
A basic understanding of mental health is an important aspect of anyone’s skills set. This 3-hour course has been designed as an introduction to mental health awareness.
Who should come on this course?
- Front-line staff e.g. anyone coming into contact with members of the public in the course of their duties.
- Line managers of front line staff
- Statutory / non- statutory and voluntary sector staff and volunteers
By the end of this course you will:
- Know what mental health is
- Know about common mental health problems
- Have a greater awareness of how to support yourself and others when experiencing reduced mental wellbeing
- Be aware of the discrimination surrounding mental health problems
- Know where to seek additional support / information for people experiencing reduced mental wellbeing
Participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
When & Where
FDAMH Training Academy
FDAMH Training Academy provides expert training courses to people across Scotland on the subject of mental health and wellbeing.
Aiming to reduce the stigma attached to mental health, and educate people across the country on how to improve and maintain their wellbeing, FDAMH Training Academy offers courses on a range of subjects; from Mindfulness for Wellbeing , through to Understanding Eating Disorders, Introduction to Counselling Skills and Keeping Yourself Mentally Well workshops.
To date, FDAMH Training Academy has helped more than 900 delegates deepen their knowledge of mental health, equipping them with the skills and knowledge needed to build their confidence and further their personal growth.
FDAMH Training Academy was originally established in August 2015 under FDAMH, Falkirk’s Mental Health Association.
For more information please visit: www.fdamh.org.uk/academy