Actions and Detail Panel
Irish Midwives Association AGM
Sat 18 February 2017, 12:00 – 18:00 GMT
Please join us for our first AGM with special guest speaker research midwife, Paula Barry.
13:00 - Opening Address
13:10 - Guest Speaker - Paula Barry, Research Midwife, Coombe - "Managing Risk in Maternity Services"
• Importance of listening to women
• Breaking the cycle/culture of fear
• Focusing on wellness model
• Scope of Practice
- National and International Guidelines
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Ireland Guidelines
- HSE and HIQA Standards/Recommendations
• Transparency in communication
• Providing a service that meets the needs and wishes of patients
15:00 - AGM
Election of Committee
Ratification of Constitution
Any other business
Positions to be elected include:
Public Relations Officer
Student Liaison Officer
All attendees and members will be sent a copy of the constitution beforehand for perusal and any questions, concerns or changes can be submitted for discussion on the day. Other agenda items may be submitted in advance as well.
The conference will be live streamed with an interactive option for people not able to attend on the day.