Jibreel Institute with Minaara Consulting Present
8-Month Certified Programme
This unique intensive programme will delve into the structure, aims, principles and benefits of Islamic Finance. Taught over 8 months (consisting of weekend and full-day sessions), this programme is a first of its kind in terms of the spectrum of subjects covered. It will enable participants to appreciate the richness of the Islamic Jurisprudence used in engineering Islamic financial products that meets the appropriate level of Shari’a compliance. The series of courses will give participants the opportunity to engage with burning questions and facets of Islamic Finance coupled with modern day financial concepts.
Juristic Tools for Islamic Commercial Law
Muslims are interacting in a globalised world where they often find themselves exposed to modern issues not encountered in the past. Curious minds enquire as to how Muslim jurists formulate rulings. This one-day course will give you an overall view of the various juristic tools used by jurists in formulating rulings both at an atomistic / individual purpose level as well at a holistic / community or wider society level. It will give a good insight into the concept of jurisprudence and its underpinning philosophies.
Providing an intellectual space for participants to better appreciate the juristic mechanisms used in formulating Islamic commercial laws, and engaging them with the concept of Fiqh and Ijtihad. Participants will be introduced to various concepts attached to Usūl al-Fiqh (Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence), al-Qawā’id al-Kulliyah al-Fiqhiyyah (Legal Maxims), and Maqāsid al-Shari’ah (the higher objectives of Shari’a).
Sat 4th Feb 2017
10:30am - 5:30pm
London Muslim Centre, 1st Floor Hall, Whitechapel Road, London E1 1JX
Who are these courses for?
The courses are designed for:
• Students and researchers
• Imams and teachers
• Anyone wishing to begin a career in Islamic Finance
• People who are already working in Islamic Finance, but need to enhance their knowledge and gain a qualification
• Companies who wish to develop their staff in the principles of Islamic Finance to increase staff performance
What will you gain?
• A deeper understanding of Shari’a and the requirements and regulations forming the basis of Islamic Finance
• Understanding of the Arabic/Islamic terminology used in Islamic Finance
• Better awareness and contextualisation of the current and historical debates concerning Islamic Finance
Shaykh Faizal Manjoo is an attorney at law, an academic and also a Shari’a scholar from South Africa, and a member of the Shari’a Supervisory Board of a number of Islamic Financial Institutions in South Africa, Bahrain, France and Mauritius. Presently based at the Markfield Institute of Higher Education (Leicester), he lectures in many universities as a guest lecturer and is a consultant in the field of Islamic Finance, family law and commercial law. He has authored a number of seminal works on Islamic Finance and is regular presenter at international conferences.
£65.00 per full-day course.
• Comprehensive hand-outs
• Interactive sessions with the course instructor
• Certificates for those successfully completing the full 10-day programme
Supported by Markfield Institute of Higher Education
Jibreel Institute is a supported project of the East London Mosque and London Muslim Centre