San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
ISO27001 Foundation Course (Information Security Management Systems)
Who should attend
This course is designed for people assigned to implement an ISMS practically e.g. managers already
involved with control of another management system, consultants.
To give an understanding of:
• What an information security management system (ISMS) is and how it can help business
• Why companies are going for registration to ISO 27001:2013
• The basic registration process
• Where to get help and information
• Where to start to implement a system
• The ISO 27001 standard and its documentation requirements
• Risk assessment
• To identify the requirements for an ISMS
• To explain the tools used to meet the requirements
• To assist people in attaining the skills to be able to implement an effective ISMS
• The relationship between ISO/IEC 17799:2000 & ISO 27001:2013
• The control objectives in ‘Annex A’
• A statement of applicability and a risk treatment plan
• The audit process utilising a risk treatment plan
A one day course giving an overview of an ISMS and the requirements for implementation containing
• Overview of what is meant by ISMS and the basic constituents of an ISMS
• Explanation of how an ISMS can help
• Overview of the requirements of ISO 27001:2013 and the potential benefits
• Implementation of an ISMS, including setting and reviewing ISMS policy, procedures required by
• Identifying and evaluating assets
• Vulnerabilities associated with these assets, risk assessment
• Annex A, control objectives, risk treatment plan & statement of applicability
What should have been learnt
• How to start implementing an ISMS practically
• Some of the tools and documentation used to achieve results within an ISMS
• The benefits of an information security management system to the business.
When & Where
Penarth Management Limited
Penarth Management Limited specialises in compliance consultancy and training for Quality, Environmental and Health and Safety related subjects.
Based in Cardiff, South Wales, we have a team of consultants who provide specialist support, training and guidance to client companies from a broad spectrum of industry sectors throughout the UK. Wherever possible, our consultants are geographically located to offer the best possible service to our clients. In addition to a team based in South Wales, we now have regional consultants who are based in the Midlands, London, the South-West and Scotland. All of our consultants and trainers are supported by a strong Administrative support team.
For further details see www.penarth.co.uk.