Italian Wine and Food WorkshopOne of the oldest and largest producers of wine, with 1000’s of grapes varieties to master, getting to grips with it all can be confusing or with a little help, mind blowing and rewarding.
Italy is a melting pot of regional influences where dishes vary from village to village, change with the seasons and recipes are handed down through the generations. From Sicily in the south to the mountainous vineyards of the north, the Italian Wine and Food workshop will take you on a gastronomic and vinous tour that will tentalise and challenge your taste buds.
Guiding you through old favourites such as Soave, Chianti and Barolo, we will also introduce you to some exciting new wines and up and coming regions.
Practicing the fundamentals of wine and food matching you will learn why Italian wines are arguably amongst the greatest food wines in the world.
1. Overview and history of Italian wine
2. Key grape varieties and ageing potential
3. Geography, climate and regions of Italy
4. Viticulture and winemaking practices
5. Wine classification system
6. Wine and food matching
7. The traditional Italian meal
8. New trends and regions to watch