The ITC course provides a safe and systematic approach to first aid and covers the practical skills needed by those who spend time in a more remote environment.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Over the 2 days the course will include the following:
- Vital signs
- Managing your own safety in outdoor first aid situations
- Assessment of casualty
- Accident procedure
- CPR protocols for cardiac arrest and drowning
- Bleeding and Shock
- Dealing with fractures, head, neck and torso injuries
- Medical emergencies, including seizures, strokes, diabetes and asthma
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Bites, stings and outdoor related infections such as Weil’s Disease
- Triage and incident management in the outdoor setting
COURSE DURATION & ASSESSMENT:
2 days (16 hours) 9.00am – 6pm both days
Assessment is ongoing throughout the course and there will be lots of practical based scenarios for you to practise and apply your skills in an outdoor setting.
Save This Event
When & Where
Joanne Joveini is an approved training provider and is externally regulated by the Awarding Organisation ITC First to deliver a wide range of QCF and SCQF first aid and education and training qualifications.
We provide a range of high quality, interactive and enjoyable courses to suit the teaching or training environment you are working in and our teachers have years of experience working in the lifelong learning sector.