Actions and Detail Panel
ITIL (IT Infrastructure Library) Foundation Course
Mon, 27 Mar 2017, 08:30 – Wed, 29 Mar 2017, 16:00 BST
The IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) qualification scheme is one of the foremost approaches to IT service management and provides a framework for IT services that will meet the needs of the business. It is a modular approach that is comprised of a series of qualifications that each focus on different aspects of ITIL best practices.
The ITIL® Foundation course offers an overview and awareness of the key elements, concepts and terminology used in the ITIL® service lifecycle, including the links between lifecycle stages, the processes used and their contribution to service management practices. On successful completion of the ITIL® Foundation course, delegates will have gained knowledge of the ITIL® terminology, structure and basic concepts and have comprehended the core principles of ITIL® practices for Service Management.
- Service management as a practice
- The ITIL® service lifecycle
- Generic concepts and definitions
- Key principles and models
- Selected processes
- Selected functions
- Selected roles
- Technology and architecture
- Competence and training
- 3 day classroom based
- Fully certified ITIL® instructor
- 1-hour closed book exam made up of 40 multiple-choice questions sat on the third day. The pass mark for the exam is 26/40 (65%).
- There are approximately two to four hours of pre-course preparation work.